The DJI Mini 3 Pro is a compact drone that sets a new standard for recreational drone pilots.
This drone offers a range of advanced features, such as DJI Mini 3 Pro intelligent flight with obstacle avoidance, long flight time, exceptional stability in wind, 4K60 video recording, and true vertical shooting. It weighs less than 249 grams, making it exempt from registration in many countries and regions.
This blog post will delve into the purchasing options, key features, potential issues, pricing, and the overall value of the Mini 3 Pro, equipping you with the knowledge you need before making a purchase.
In a hurry here what you need to know:
|Compact and portable design
|Obstacle avoidance issues in bypass mode
|Long flight time
|APAS not functional when recording in 4K60
|Exceptional stability in the wind
|GeoZone unlock requires internet access
|Three purchasing options to fit individual needs
|Altitude decrease when flying in sport mode against heavy winds
|Obstacle avoidance system
|Battery overload warning in heavy winds
|Variety of accessories and Flymore combo available
|Firmware updates to address some issues
Drone Purchase Options and Recommendations
There are three main purchasing options for the Mini 3 Pro: drone-only package, drone with RC N1, and drone with the new RC.
- Drone Only: This option includes just the Mini 3 Pro drone itself. It is ideal for those who already have an RC N1 remote controller from another drone and don’t need a new one. This option allows you to save money by using the equipment you already have.
- Drone with DJI RC-N1: This package includes both the Mini 3 Pro drone and the RC N1 remote controller. It is perfect for those who are new to DJI drones or do not have a compatible remote controller. The RC N1 offers a familiar experience for those who have flown other DJI drones.
- Drone with New DJI RC: This option includes the Mini 3 Pro drone and the brand-new remote controller. The new RC offers an improved experience and is recommended for those who want the latest technology. If you want the best possible experience, this is the package to choose.
In addition to the drone packages, there are Flymore combos and accessories available separately.
These combos and accessories offer additional flight time, greater stability in wind, and a charging bank.
By choosing the right package for your needs and budget, you can ensure that you get the most out of your DJI Mini 3 Pro experience.
Key Features of the DJI Mini 3 Pro – flight time, remote controller and more
The Mini 3 Pro offers a host of advanced features that make it a standout choice for recreational drone pilots.
The Mini 3 Pro supports a maximum flight time of 34 minutes with its Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus. The drone comes with a DJI 30W USB-C charger, which can be used to charge the intelligent flight battery plus as well as other devices.
The Mini 3 Pro Two-Way Charging Hub can be purchased separately, providing efficient charging for up to three Pro Intelligent Flight Batteries and can also be used as a power bank.
The charging hub is a valuable accessory for those who want to maximize their flight time and ensure they always have a charged battery.
The DJI Mini 3 Pro is equipped with advanced pilot assistance systems (APAS), which help the drone maneuver around obstacles while maintaining its course.
The drone’s obstacle sensing range is improved compared to the previous Mini 2, ensuring safer flights even in challenging environments.
One of the standout features of the Mini 3 Pro is its true vertical shooting capability. This feature allows users to capture stunning aerial photography and videography from a unique perspective.
Here are the key features:
- DJI Mini 3 Pro intelligent flight – Obstacle Avoidance: The Mini 3 Pro is equipped with an advanced obstacle avoidance system, ensuring safer flights and preventing collisions during your aerial adventures.
- Bypass mode: The drone automatically adjusts its altitude to avoid obstacles, enhancing safety without sacrificing user control.
- Long Flight Time: Extended flight times allow for more extended sessions of aerial photography and videography, making the most of your drone experience.
- Battery Plus Flymore Combo: Highly recommended for optimal flight time and convenience.
- Exceptional Stability in Wind: The Mini 3 Pro boasts improved stability in windy conditions, ensuring steady flights and smooth footage even in challenging environments.
- Wind resistance: Capable of maintaining stability in winds up to 30 miles per hour.
- 4K60 Video Recording: Capture stunning, high-quality footage with the Mini 3 Pro’s 4K60 video recording capabilities. Also vertical shooting is an awesome addition to this drone.
- APAS compatibility: The drone’s APAS feature, which helps it maneuver around obstacles, is available in all video modes except 4K60 (a potential firmware fix is expected).
- Compact Design: The lightweight and compact design of the Mini 3 Pro makes it a convenient option for recreational pilots, enabling easy transportation and storage.
- Variety of Purchasing Options: Catering to individual needs, the Mini 3 Pro offers several purchasing options, including drone-only, drone with RC N1, and drone with the new RC, as well as Flymore combos and accessories sold separately.
The Mini 3 Pro is an upgrade from the previous DJI Mini 2, offering improved features and performance that make it a more appealing option for both new and experienced pilots. The DJI Mini 3 Pro is a powerful and portable drone that delivers excellent value, despite a few minor issues that can be addressed through firmware updates.
Issues and Solutions
While the DJI Mini 3 Pro offers impressive features and capabilities, it is essential to be aware of some issues that users have encountered. Here’s a comprehensive look at these concerns:
- Altitude Adjustment in Bypass Mode: Some users have reported that the drone increases its altitude gradually when flying with obstacle avoidance set to bypass mode. A firmware update has been released to address this issue, but the drone may still increase in altitude when flying backward.
- Firmware fixes: DJI has been proactive in addressing these issues, and updates are expected to further refine the altitude control in bypass mode.
- APAS Limitations in 4K60 Video Recording: The APAS feature, which helps the drone maneuver around obstacles, does not function when recording in 4K60 mode. The drone will stop (or “brake”) rather than bypass obstacles in this mode.
- Firmware fix potential: This is another issue that could likely be resolved through a firmware update.
- GeoZone Unlock Requirements: Unlocking GeoZones requires an internet connection, which can be inconvenient when flying in areas without mobile data coverage. Applying for GeoZone unlocks at home before flying can help mitigate this issue.
- Connectivity: If flying with the RC N1 and a mobile device with data, the inconvenience is minimized.
- Altitude Drop in Sport Mode Against Heavy Winds: In heavy winds, flying against the wind in sport mode may cause the drone’s altitude to drop unexpectedly. This issue is likely due to the battery being overloaded, as it struggles to maintain both forward motion and altitude simultaneously.
- Firmware update potential: This issue could potentially be resolved with another firmware update from DJI. Be cautious when flying against strong winds in sport mode until a fix is released.
Despite these issues, the DJI Mini 3 Pro remains a trendsetting drone with outstanding features, making it an appealing option for both new and experienced pilots. With DJI’s commitment to addressing these concerns through firmware updates, users can expect ongoing improvements to the drone’s performance and user experience.
Pricing and Value of this mini drone
The Mini 3 Pro offers various purchasing options to cater to individual needs, and its pricing is considered appropriate for the features and capabilities it provides.
The drone’s advanced features, convenience, and performance make it an attractive choice for both new pilots and experienced flyers looking to add a compact drone to their lineup.
Even with a few minor issues, the Mini 3 Pro is a trendsetting drone that delivers excellent value.
Wrapping up, DJI mini 3 Pro – the things you should know before buying
The DJI Mini 3 Pro is a compact, trendsetting drone that offers advanced features such as intelligent flight with obstacle avoidance, long flight times, exceptional wind stability, 4K60 video recording, and true vertical shooting.
Weighing less than 249 grams, it is exempt from registration in many countries.
With three purchasing options, including drone-only, drone with RC N1, and drone with the new RC, users can choose the package that best suits their needs.
Additional Flymore combos and accessories provide extended flight times and convenience. Despite minor issues that may be resolved with firmware updates, the Mini 3 Pro is an excellent choice for both new and experienced pilots, offering outstanding value in a compact and portable drone.
Before using the DJI Mini 3 Pro, it is essential to check local rules and regulations, as actual product weight may vary due to differences in batch materials and external factors. Always ensure that you follow the guidelines for safe and responsible drone use.
With only a few minor issues that can be addressed through updates, the Mini 3 Pro is a solid investment.