The DJI mini SE is an ultralight drone which is the perfect starter drone for many hobbyists. It contains all of the fancy intelligent flight modes which can automatically shoot and generate different styles of video. At under 250 g, you do not have to worry about all of the red tape and bureaucracy to fly this drone.
The DJI mini SE battery charge time is one hour and 22 minutes. And it has a maximum flight time of 30 minutes. It is recommended that you charge your drone battery with a charger of 18 W for fast charging.
Ensuring that your battery remains healthy and strong is an important part of being a drone pilot. Ensuring that the chemistry of the battery and the delicate lithium polymer composites are protected against temperature, damage, and under and over charging is an important part of drone maintenance.
This article will cover everything you need to know about the DJI mini SE battery charge time and how you can ensure that your battery is kept as healthy as possible.
How long does it take to fully charge a DJI Mini SE
When using the DJI 18-watt USB charger the charging time is approximately one hour and 22 minutes.
If you are using a USB charger that is not as powerful it will take longer.
The YouTube video below will talk you through the fastest way to charge your new DJI mini SE:
How to know when the mini SE is fully charged
make sure that you fully charge the intelligent flight battery before using the drone for the first time. It is important to note that the battery cannot be charged with the aircraft turned on and the drone will not turn on during charging.
You can tell that the intelligent flight battery for the DJI mini SE is fully charged when all of the battery LEDs are illuminated.
Here is a table of the battery levels during charging.
Importantly, the blinking rate of the battery LEDs will be different when using different USB charges. If the charging is fast the battery level LEDs will blink quickly. If the charging speed is extremely slow the battery-level LEDs will blink slower (about once every two seconds).
Simply unplug the USB charger when the battery is fully charged.
How long does the Mini SE battery last?
In ideal conditions, the DJI mini SE will have a flight time of approximately 30 minutes.
It is common for manufacturers of drones to state the longest battery life and not one found in a real-life situation.
The maximum flight time was achieved by testing in an environment with no wind while flying at a constant 10.5 mph (17 km/h) at sea level.
If you are flying in wind or performing particularly aggressive manoeuvres the battery will last much less time than 30 minutes.
Ensuring that your battery is working properly means paying close attention to the LEDs and blinking that occurs while you are charging and flying your drone.
For example, here are the common warnings that can occur while you are charging your DJI mini SE.
- If there is no battery in the drone the LED three and four will blink three times alternatively.
- If for LEDs blink simultaneously this will indicate the battery is damaged.
Other battery warning signs are shown in the table below.
ou need to be able to identify which indicators are flashing so you know what error they are showing. Here is a look at the common errors you can come across on your battery.
|LED||Flashes Per Second||Meaning|
|4||2||Temperature Too Low|
|4||3||Temperature Too High|
To keep your DJI mini SE battery healthy you must follow all of the best practices for charging and storing your battery.
Here are the important things that DJI want you to know:
- do not charge the intelligent flight battery immediately after a flight. The temperature may be too high. Wait until the battery cools down to room temperature before charging.
- The charger stops charging the battery if the battery cell temperature is not within the operating range. The ideal charging temperature is 22°C to 28°C.
- There is a charging hub that can charge up to 3 batteries but do not use it if you are experiencing battery charging errors.
- Fully charge the battery at least once every three months to maintain battery health and to keep the sensitive lithium polymer chemistry in tip-top form.
- It is recommended to use a QC2.0 USB charger to charge your drone. It is common to use any USB charger around your house but DJI does not recommend that you use anything but the official USB charges.
- Before performing an update make sure that the intelligent battery is at least 15% charge and the remote controller is 20% charged
This article has covered everything you need to know about the DJI mini SE three charge time and how you can ensure that your battery is kept in the best condition for your flight.
The internal components of the DJI mini SE battery mean that you have to protect the battery against extreme fluctuations in temperature and be very careful with charging and storage.
However, with appropriate care and attention, you will be able to ensure that your drone battery has a long life and provides you with many hours of drone flying fun.