DJI Mavic mini 2 is a fantastic drone that fills a much-needed spot between hobby flying and serious drone ownership in the drone ecosystem. The Mavic mini is incredibly small, can be taken anywhere, and has plenty of accessories to increase the fun of flying your drone.
The best places to buy Mavic Mini 2 accessories include directly from DJI for official accessories, and Amazon, for third-party accessories. You can also look for secondhand accessories on eBay, Facebook marketplace, gumtree, Craigslist, and other secondhand sites.
Buying directly from DJI is the best option if you want to purchase the official accessories for the drone.
Direct from DJI
I like to use official DJI accessories from the official DJI store because they provide a level of confidence that the manufacturing and quality of the accessory will be first class.
Also, DJI may say that you have avoided your warranty if you start using third-party accessories that DJI hasn’t officially approved. Although, I have used many third-party accessories without any issue whatsoever.
Here are some of the best official accessories directly from DJI.
The official accessories that you can purchase for the DJI Mavic mini 2 include:
- A charging base – a minimalist and industrial design that lights the drone from the inside.
- Extra propellers – you always need extra propellers for your drone.
- A charging hub – look after your lithium polymer batteries well and charge up to 3 batteries in only 4.5 hours.
- Propeller straps – travelling with your drone is much easier, stopping the propellers from flopping around.
- Carrying bags – the back and fit a DJI Mini 2 aircraft, remote control, and two-way charging hub.
- DIY decals – using simple decals, you can add a unique look to your drone
- propeller guards – tiny pieces of plastic that can save you hundreds of dollars in drone damage.
- And snap adapters – you can send messages on an LED display or take your favourite legal figure for a ride.
If you want a full rundown of the best Mavic Mini 2 accessories, check out my other article – click here, where I go through all of these and more in more detail.
Amazon – best for third party accessories
Not all of the best accessories come directly from the manufacturer of this drone. Plenty of other third-party accessories for the drone and the remote control will make your time piloting the DJI Mavic Mini 2 much more enjoyable.
Some of the best third-party accessories that you can purchase include:
- neutral density filters – decreases the amount of light entering the camera and reaching the sensor. Perfect for bright days.
- microSD cards – you can never have too much storage especially with drones that recording in 4K
- lanyards – take the weight off your wrists and use a comfortable lanyard that hangs around your neck.
- landing pads – take off anywhere. Superb landing target for high precision automatic landings and avoiding grass, and the brief that may damage your propellers.
- signal booster – travel further with a signal booster. The distance you can travel is dependent on the strength of the signal between the drone and the remote.
- sunshades – by a sun hood for your screen so that you can keep the Clare off and work in full sun.
- and polarised sunglasses. – Bright scenes cause eyestrain and injury. A good pair of polarised sunglasses will protect your eyes and help you when you are flying over water.
Buying accessories can also mean spending a lot of money on things you may only use every so often. In this case, I recommend purchasing secondhand accessories for your Mavic mini 2.
Secondhand options are fantastic for those looking for a cheap accessory for their DJI Mavic mini 2. There are now plenty of easily accessible online marketplaces where people sell secondhand goods.
Work of warning about secondhand accessories
You must understand the risks associated with purchasing secondhand accessories. I would not purchase something vital to my drone flight secondhand. This type of accessory includes propellers or accessories that interfere with the drone’s electronics.
Here are some of the best places that you can pick up good quality Mavic mini 2 accessories.
eBay has been a go to place for me for many drone accessories. It allows you to check the seller’s reputation before purchasing and gives you a good opportunity to review the product via the feedback left by customers.
Facebook marketplace can be hit and miss with drone accessories. Quite often people are selling their entire drone set rather than accessories. However, it is important to check with Facebook marketplace regularly which can greatly increase your chances of picking up a bargain.
Sometimes I have found it much cheaper to pick up a new drone with its accessories rather than looking for accessories on their own.
Typing in the exact accessory you are looking for will often give you a wide range of options.
Other secondhand market place
there are a few other options including gumtree, Craigslist, and secondhand goods for finding a drone bargain.
As with all of the secondhand items it is important to inspect the accessory completely as it is unlikely the seller will happily accept a return of the drone accessory if you notice an issue with it afterwards.
Fully test the accessory with your drone before parting with money.
In this article we have discussed all of the best places to buy Mavic mini 2 accessories.
There is no doubt that the best accessories to purchase our official accessories from the official DJI website for an official reseller. Also, there are plenty of other options for buying third-party accessories. In my opinion the third-party accessories often are more exciting than the ones offered by DJI officially.
If you decide to go down the route of purchasing a secondhand accessory (which can save you significant amounts of money) I would recommend testing the accessory with your drone and making sure that it works fully before parting with your money.